Looking for healthy, high quality, modern Chinese food in LA? Fat Dragon is the answer. This Silver Lake Chinese restaurant equipped with a tea bar is the latest creation of Allen Wong, who is a partner at Sticky Rice Group. The recipes are inspired by Allen’s family and their efforts to take traditional Chinese food to the next level. The establishment is also staffed by his sister-in- law and 2 uncles in the kitchen. The dishes are made with premium meats and fresh locally farmed vegetables.
Fat Dragon’s tea bar offers nearly 20 premium organic loose leaf tea options and cold brewed teas with unique fruit infusions. The popular Hong Kong Milk Tea is also available to order. After completing a meal, Fat dragon presents handmade fortune cookies with flavors such as matcha and blueberry-strawberry with messages that contain quotes from Tupac, Kurt Cobain, Audrey Hepburn, Einstein and other notable people.
- Passion Fruit Cucumber with Goji Berry Tea, an infused cold brew orgainc green tea.
- Hong Kong Milk Tea made with black tea and milk.
- Ginger Lemon Iced Tea.
- Fried Calamari, a spicy appetizer made with roasted peppers and jalapenos.
- Mushroom Fries, an appetizer made with shimeji mushrooms.
- Szechuan Spicy Wantons with shrimp and pork drenched in Szechuan chili.
- The signature spicy Dragon Noodles with colorful vegetables.
- Dragon Fried Rice with Chinese sausage and kohirabi.
- The Steak & Shrooms main dish with certified choice angus beef, peas, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms and portobello mushrooms.
- Double Cooked Pork Belly, a spicy main dish with savory pork belly, leek and cabbage.
Check out Fat Dragon at http://www.fatdragonLA.com.
3500 West Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90026
Hours of operation:
Tuesday thru Thursday: 5-10pm
Social Media // @fatdragonla